Timothy Han: a perfume which tells a story
Timothy Han is much more than a fragrance brand: it’s a label inspired by literature and driven through artistic collaboration.
It fuses the worlds of of perfume with art to create new experiences by scent.
This creative fragrances revolutionize the consumers perceptions and their senses. Each perfume telling a story based on an iconic work of literature.
The unisex perfume “Against Nature”
is inspired by Joris-Karl Huysmans’ 1884 novel of the same name: it’s a mix of notes of metal, lacquer and blood.
For this fragrance, Han has collaborated with New York artist Rafael Melendez who has created a series of illustrations which have been digitally manipulated to reflect the protagonist’s fascination with recreating the natural as artificial.
- TOP: Pink Pepper, Lemon, Juniper, Green, Metal
- HEART: Jasmine, Ylang Ylang, Lavender, Lacquer
- BASE: Musk, Vetiver, Amber, Sandalwood, Patchouli 60ml
The unisex perfume “On the Road”
is inspired by Jack Kerouac’s seminal novel about the beat generation and 1950s America.
“On the Road” is a unisex perfume that polarises by telling a tale of restlessness and an unbridled desire to experience the beat counter-culture of a Jazz fuelled post-war America.
For this fragrance Han has collaborated with London based artist Cedric Christie who has taken a series of photographs during a journey across America giving a modern twist on the traveller’s tale across the US.
- TOP: Galbanum, Lemon, Bergamot, Lavandin
- HEART: Amyris, Cedarwood, Patchouli
- BASE: Tonka Bean, Oakmoss, Guaiacawood, Benzoin, Birch, Vanilla, Labdanum, Perou 60ml
The unisex perfume “The Decay of the Angel”
inspired by Yukio Mishima’s 1971 novel of the same name
Is a rich exotic burnt floral fragrance with a subtle headiness that comes from the smell of desire infused by flowers on the wane; the scent of a falling angel.
For this fragrance we have collaborated with Warsaw based artist Gosia Sobczak who has created a series of illustrations that depict the five signs of the decay of an angel.
- TOP: Mandarin, Neroli, Rose, Ylang, Frankincense
- HEART: Sambac Jasmin, Acacia, Cade
- BASE: Oudh, Cedarwood, Patchouli, Tonka, Labdanum 60ml
The unisex perfume “She Came to Stay”
is inspired by the novel of the same name by Simone de Beauvoir.
The story is one that examines questions of self identity and our place in a world on the brink of change.
She Came to Stay captures the individuality of your spirit and transforms itself into a lingering expression that breaks free from the conventional into a fragrance which critics have called “beautifully addictive”.
LA Artist Kirtland Ash has interpreted this notion of identity in a series of limited edition collages to compliment the fragrance.
- TOP: Geranium, Basil, Lemon
- HEART: Indonesian Clove, Nutmeg
- BASE: Patchouli, Vetiver, Labdanum, Oakmoss, Cedarwood 60ml